AIA, Elecnor, Betarq, Jorge Blasco
A building of 3,600 sqm constructed, of which 2,476 are for office use, and the rest of the surface will be devoted to complimentary uses. The project is designed with cutting-edge technology and is located on the [email protected] district, one of the most advanced areas in Barcelona, thanks to the development and urban transformation experienced in recent years.
The project has been executed exclusively in wood, creating a natural work environment focused on the well-being of the users. It has been designed for LEED Platinum and WELL Platinum certification.
The use of wood as the only structural element offers a number of great advantages, a lower environmental impact being one of them. Wood engineering acts as a CO2 warehouse, thus considerably reducing the emissions that impact on global warming. Noise pollution is also reduced.
- Benefits for the environment
- 50% reduction of carbon emissions during construction
- Waste reduction
- Modular property with many prefabricated parts
- Significant carbon storage Reduced mass for heating / cooling
66% of people prefer to work in a wooden office space rather than a traditional one. In addition, with wood as the main element of the building, an estimated 14% increase in productivity is expected*
*Source: “Tendencias inmobiliarias CBRE” dossier, June 2019
Key psychological factors:
- Significant reduction in the stress levels of wooden office users
- It generates a greater sense of innovation, energy and comfort
- It increases the ability to focus attention, improves concentration, and stimulates creativity
- Wood provides an energy balance between body and mind, in tune with nature
- It increases quality and internal environmental perception